A laptop can be an essential gadget for your college education. As a student, this portable PC can help you in so many ways. For example, it can enable you in doing research, studying, completing assignments and turning them in. While you can use any laptop to facilitate your studies, there are a few laptops that are designed specifically for college students. These are the ones from which you should pick when shopping for a laptop for your college education. Are you looking for a decent college laptop, but do not know where to start? Fair enough, we are here to help you by recommending 5 of the best laptops for college:
1. LENOVO YOGA 920
The YOGA 920 from Lenovo is a bestseller college laptop on Amazon and on many other similar ecommerce sites. Offering unbelievable style and versatility for college students, this portable PC features a brilliant 13.9-inch FHD touch-screen ideal for reading and researching. It is powered by 8th generation i7-8550U processor, which is complemented by an 8GB system memory. The YOGA 920 comes with a storage space of up to 256GB SSD, which is enough to store your notes, assignments and college projects without having to worry about budgeting for external storage.
- A cutting-edge design with a brilliant screen for college applications.
- Faster, more lightweight and more portable compared to other laptops in its category.
- The YOGA 920 college laptop from Lenovo comes with an active pen stylus, making it easy for students to draw.
• Costlier compared to its rivals, which are equally impressive.
2. HP SPECTRE X360
Just like the name sounds, the HP SPECTRE X360 is a powerful college laptop. It comes with two screen size options i.e 13.3 inches and 15.6 inches to meet different screen size needs of buyers. This cutting-edge machine is powered by the 8th generation Intel Core I processor, which is complemented by a 16 GB LPDDR3 RAM for superior performance. The SPECTRE 360 college laptop from Hewlett Packard offers a whole 1 terabyte of storage space that is more than enough for college work.
- Ultra slim design
- A generous amount of storage space.
- Faster and smoother performance.
- Offers two options for the screen size i.e. 13.3 inches and 15.6 inches.
- It overheats.
- The fingerprint sensor lies in an awkward location.
3. DELL XPS 15
The DELL XPS 15 is another great choice of a quality college laptop. This laptop features a 15.6-inch screen, a 7th Gen Intel Quad Core processor and a 16 GB RAM that can be expanded to 32 GB.
- The 15.6-inch InfinityEdge screen with an UltraSharp 4K Ultra HD display delivers a mindblowing visual technology.
- Longer battery life.
- Relatively good performance.
- A hard and durable casing.
- Chunky and cheap looking design.
- Heavier compared to other laptops in its category.
4. Apple MacBook PRO Retina
If you do not mind spending more, the Apple 15″ MacBook PRO, Retina, Touch Bar can be a good choice of a quality college laptop. It comes with a 15-inch retina display screen, 7th Generation Intel Core processor and 16GB system memory integrated with Radeon Pro graphics. This cutting-edge machine offers 512 GB of storage space so you can save all your work.
- Super fast record-breaking speed.
- Apple’s intuitive Touch Bar and Touch ID enable your machine to make your life easier.
- Thinner, sleeker, and lighter than the rest.
- Up to 10 hours of battery life.
- Pricier than many laptops in its category.
- Mac operating system, which all apple laptops come with, can be a bit of a learning curve for many first time users.
5. Microsoft Surface
The Microsoft Surface is a sleek and ultrathin design college laptop that is rated highly by users. It features a 13.5-inch PixelSense Display touchscreen, Intel Core i5, and 8GB system memory. However, the 256GB storage that this machine offers is not so large as one would expect of a high-end college laptop such as this. It is one of the drawbacks of the Microsoft Surface laptop for college students.
- Cutting-edge touch-screen makes your work easier.
- Powerful Intel processor handily accomplishes rigorous class projects speedily and seamlessly.
- The laptop comes with a variety of color options, including Platinum, Cobalt Blue, Graphite Gold, and Burgundy.
- Strong silver casing gives the laptop added protection.
- Longer battery life of up to 14.5 hours.
- Smaller storage space may require budgeting for an external storage.
If you are looking for the best laptop for college students money can buy, these are some the best laptops we recommend. They all come with a pre-installed operating system, which can be either Windows 10 or Mac. Whether you choose Lenovo Yoga 920, HP Spectre X360 or DELL XPS 15, you can be confident that you will get value for money. Whether you select Apple MacBook PRO Retina or Microsoft Surface, there is no doubt that you will get the best service out of your laptop.